M & M

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Excitment (and Pain) of Running

I spent this morning the same as I do nearly every morning...blindly getting the dog outside and back inside, dressing into my running clothes, and then staring a the thermostat. Why, I wonder, does the thermostat lie to me? But not this morning...cause it's still a bit nippy.

I had taken a few days off from running to let the soreness in my knee subside. A couple trips to and converstations with a pharmasist at Walgreens, and 6 Glucosomine pills later, it was time to get back on the road.

I didn't wear my Garmin GPS Forerunner this morning...it was going to be a fun run, a reaclimate run, and one where I hadn't decided on the distance. Around the neighboorhood and out onto Pryor road, and my knee felt good, meaning I couldn't feel anything. About 1 mile into the run though, a bit of a twinge, but nothing greater than that the entire way.

A recovery run (or reaclimate run) is supposed to be short...for me. So 3.3 miles was the extent of it. I will run again tonight when my body is awake, my legs are ready to burn off the wasted time spent sitting in my desk chair, and the thermostat is asleep.

After all, I have a 50 mile race to run in May...my first ultra event.

No comments:

Post a Comment